2009. július 1., szerda

Pizza with Potatoes (BBD #21)

(Magyarul)

I often prepare pizzas, so I was glad to read Zorra’s announcement of BBD #21: Pizza Party. I love pizzas because they are extremely versatile and can be tuned to various tastes. I always use the same recipe for the dough: it’s egg- and milk-free (vegan) with wholemeal flour. However, I rarely prepare the same topping twice: I love using seasonal vegetables and the spices I actually desire for them. And sometimes I omit the classic tomato sauce, and use a sour cream or yoghurt based mixture instead.
For this event I’ve prepared a really colourful (and delicious!) pizza with new potatoes.


Ingredients for the dough:
  • 2 cup whole wheat flour or Graham flour
  • 7 g dried yeast
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon honey or unrefined cane sugar
  • Cca. 200 ml lukewarm water

Ingredients for the topping:
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • ½ teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
  • ½ teaspoon turmeric
  • ¼ teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
  • 350-450 g sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • Cca. 1 kg potatoes

In addition you’ll need:
  • A little olive oil to oil the baking sheet
  • Chopped parsley leaves and paprika powder for the decoration

Preparation:
  1. Knead a soft, but not sticky dough from the ingredients listed above. Cover with a tablecloth and put aside.
  2. Prepare the sauce: Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the spices and heat them together for a short time. Then add the sour cream, stir well and bring to the boil.
  3. Wash well the potatoes. If their skin is thin, you needn’t peel them. Cut them to thin slices, and add to the sauce. They should be covered in it, without too much sauce being at the bottom.
  4. Lightly oil a large baking sheet, and arrange the dough in it (I usually prepare a rectangular pizza in my largest baking sheet, and cut it into four). Then arrange the potatoes on the top.
  5. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 25-30 minutes, until the potatoes soften and the dough gets a light brown crust at the bottom.
  6. Decorate with stripes of the chopped parsley leaves and paprika powder.
  7. Cut into slices and serve immediately. Good appetite!

Another pizza variation I’ve already written about in English:
Pizza with Sunchokes and Smoked Cheese

3 megjegyzés:

zorra írta...

Wow, I'm impressed! Your pizza looks fantastic.

Petra aka Cascabel írta...

Very beautiful, your pizza!

Lisa írta...

I'm in love with your potato pizza, it is so beautiful - so much so, not sure I would want to ruin it by cutting into it, but I would in a minute! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails